Designers create products and solve problems using design thinking – an innovation process first developed at Stanford University. In this book, Bill Burnett and Dave Evans show us how design thinking can help us design a life that is both meaningful and fulfilling, regardless of who or where we are, or how young or old we are.
Highlights of Designing Your Life include:
• Workview and Lifeview: Building your compass
• Wayfinding vs. Navigation
• There’s more than one life inside you
• Designing your Odysseys
• How to prototype anything
• How to NOT get a job
• Choosing Happiness
• Failure immunity
The same designer mindsets responsible for products, services and experiences can be used to design and build your career and your life, a life of fulfillment and joy, constantly creative and productive, and one that always holds the possibility of surprise.
A timely, urgently needed book about work in our post-pandemic reality. With updated tools, tips, and design ideas that show us how to navigate disruption (global, regional, or personal) and create new possibilities for our post-COVID career and beyond. Based on the proven innovation method called design thinking, Bill Burnett and Dave Evans show you how to design the job you’ll love.
Highlights of Designing Your New Work Life include:
• Disruption is the New Normal
• The Humans in the Room – How Zoom neutralizes status
• Get Out of the Waiting Room & Into The Acceptance Zone
• Wayfinding: The Critical Disruption Design Skill
• Don’t Resign – Redesign
• Relentless ReDesign: the Solution to Non-Stop Disruption
In "Designing Your New Work" Life Burnett and Evans show us how design thinking can transform our present job, and how it can improve our experience of work in times of disruption. They giving us the tools to enjoy the present moment and to prototype our many possible futures.